Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Let's play a game of catch, shall we? Catch Up, that is...

Why a picture of The Stud and I
wrapped in lights? Because it's cute
and I love it. And I wanted I pic in
this post.... 
     SO writing once a day? Definitely not going to happen. Why? Because 1- I just don't have enough to say (shut up. don't even say anything. I can just hear those of you that know me...) and 2- my body has actually adapted to a big girl's schedule and I get sleepy at 9, wake up at 7:15 without my alarm (I lay there for another 20 minutes of course...) and my wits are slightly exhausted by the end of the day. Maybe once a week. If it happens to be more than that... well.... good for me, I suppose. Anyway! On to more exciting (eh, not really) things. How about them Ravens???

     HA! You really think I'm going to continue this post about football? Don't get me wrong. I like football, I just don't intend on spending an entire post on it. And when I say "I like football." I mean, I've picked a team (the Cowboys) and enjoy screaming at the TV when they play as a way to release some tension. I don't know what I'll do when they actually choose to start winning  more than they lose... I suppose I could start routing for the Titans... OOOH! Anywho, which team will you be routing for during the Superbowl? Personally? I'm a romantic, and love the idea of Ray Lewis going out a champ. I just think that would be awesome.
   
     Okay, so I've decided (like 3/4 of women do every year) that I want to get into shape. I've been reading this one woman's blog  - Mama Lauglin - and she serves as a great deal of motivation for me. She's hilarious and real with her readers. She doesn't pretend to be perfect. She has her slack off days. I dig that she doesn't sugar coat weightloss, or make it sound like it's just so damn easy for her... heh... See what I did there? Sugarcoat?... Anyway, she's awesome. She does numerous giveaways, recommends different brands of gear, food, shoes, tanks, you name it - she talks about it. Thinking of dropping some pounds too, but need a little (hilarious) motivation? Head on over to Mama Laughlin's page and see what she's all about!
     Really though, I'm probably not going to start right away. FIrst I'd like to get my bills in order and make sure I've got the money for it, then I'll join a gym. The Stud said he would join a gym with me, so that serves for more inspiration too. I figure if I shell out the money for a gym membership, I'll be more obligated to go on the days I Just. Don't. FeelLikeIt. I'm looking to drop back down to the weight I was my senior year in high school... At least, that'll be my initial weight goal. (That number, you ask? Well, if you must know, it's 145. I'm not telling you how much I weigh now. Don't. Even. Ask.) After that, I'd like to try for at least 135. I know how I feel between 130-135, and it's pretty damn good. Right now, I can't climb the stairs at our apartment complex without getting winded. I'm 25. There's just no excuse for that. I sit here and talk about how I'd like to have kids one day and blah blah blah. I don't want to be one of those people that waits to get into shape until AFTER they've put on an EXTRA EXTRA fourty lbs of baby weight. I'd rather be happy and healthy, and be able to drop just the baby weight. Not the baby weight plus 60 more pounds.
     So that's my goal...er... my goals. I want to actually put on a bathing suit this year and feel alright about my body. I didn't even look at a pool last summer. Seriously. Absolutely avoided them at all costs. Except on the fourth of July.... and it was already dark. So I took solace in that. But other than that? Nada! None! Never! And I LOVE TO SWIM! So, really for me, it was a travesty. Now, I know, that 5 or 6 months from now, I may have only gotten a quarter of the way to my goal. And that's okay. Because slow and steady wins the race. I don't want a yo-yo diet. I don't want to rely on something to quickly (and unhealthily) take off the pounds, just to gain them right back. I'm going to go about it the right way, so that I can keep the weight off. I know from a previous stint with jogging, that I get addicted to that high after exercising, and that once I start, it will no longer be something I have to force myself to do. I'll get to where I feel like crap if I don't. And who wants to feel like crap? Really?

    Moving on, I recently started a new job over at Journeys in Community Living working with the intellectually handicapped. If you have ever wondered what some of the most fulfilling jobs must be, I can guarantee my job should be on that list. To see these individuals working each day, doing things that they didn't previously think that they could do... It's absolutely incredible. Each one of them is awe inspiring. I adore every one of the people I work with every day. Journeys is a nonprofit organization allowing people with disabilities to experience the independence that they might otherwise not get to enjoy. They live in their own houses with one or two roommates. They work in the workshop on various contracts (that's where I work), as well as out in the community (McDonald's is one of the main places). They also volunteer with Meals on Wheels, and have a recycling program. I love taking them out in to the community and watching them interact with the people that they meet. Each of them is so friendly and outgoing and so so very sweet. They pay all their own bills, go shopping, and some of them can even drive. it's fantastic, and so rewarding to be around them. I love it.

     Well, I suppose I should get to bed. It's 11:52. WAY past my bedtime. I'll be keeping you posted on my new job, the adventures I have there, and my upcoming tango with weight loss. Until next time, readers (reader...readers? let's be optimistic and say readers... with an "s") Goodnight, Moon.

5 comments:

  1. Glad you like this job,hope it turns out to be what you want to do in life as for a job.We need good caring people for those kind of jobs.Wish you all the best in your weight loss.Love you very much.Mema

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mema! I really do love it. I can see myself staying with this job got... well... ever probably. It's just too fulfilling to give up :) love you!

      Delete
  2. Hi Samantha!
    I couldn't find your contact info anywhere so I hope you don't mind me commenting here.

    Just wanted to let you know you won the giveaway over at my blog - www.whereourheartis.com

    Send me an email with your address and what color you want (they are all listed in the initial giveaway post) and I'll send it on it's way

    Congratulations :) :)

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh and my email is adelinemaedesign @ gmail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome thank you! I'll be emailing you shortly :)

      Delete

Have something to say? Say it to my face.. er.. or.. something. Yea.
**Don't have any of the accounts listed? Choose the "Name/URL" option. Just put your name. Easy-peasy. Or choose Anonymous... if you're a scaredy-puss.