I found a list of "favorite things" questions on a relationship site that was pretty extensive, so I'm picking a few questions from each category and enlightening you with my answers. --Ps: No worries, there will be no "Sexy Questions" as they've called them. I doubt you need to know my ultimate fantasy "One would include some ice cubes and a nine iron. Two would include a buffalo..." YIKES! Easy, Billy Madison, don't get your trousers in a twist. Here we go!
Category 1: Movies
What are your favorite movies of all time?
Hmm... That's a hard one, because I always feel like I leave some out. I'll just go with 5 of the movies that I never get tired of watching (Obviously this list is a lot longer. I love movies. Ask anyone who carries on a conversation with me and realizes I've spoken predominantly in movie quotes).
- Call me a romantic, but I LOVE "Casablanca" Humphrey Bogart steals my heart every time. I literally blush when he says, "Here's looking at you, kid." Such a classic. Back before (nearly) every movie had a happy ending. "Play it again, Sam" Oh, I intend to, Rick. I intend to.
- Let's flip this puppy around and go to the opposite end of the spectrum. I'm sure the guys are yawning, so here ya go, boys. "Fight Club". "The first rule of fight club is you don't talk about fight club." Sorry Tyler. Edward Norton and Brad Pitt beating each other senseless? I am Jack's raging adrenalin. I love love love this movie.
- While we're at it, guys, who doesn't love "Boondock Saints"?? Two Irish guys (I don't care that they're not Irish in real life. Do. Not. RUINTHISFORME!) walking around doling out some vigilante justice with their goofy sidekick (I'm a bigger fan of Rocco, but Romeo's pretty cool too. "DING DONG MOTHER *&%$@#! DING DONG!) Guns + blood + comic relief (Thanks Greenley) = a whole bunch of awesome.
- "The Holiday" Whaaat? Okay I still have lady parts, so I'm bound to like a few chick flicks! First of all, ladies, is Jude Law not the yummiest person ever in this movie? Hubba hubba. Second, what girl doesn't like a tale of finding love unexpectedly in a foreign country with a super hottie?? C'mon. Oh, and it's a Christmas movie, so I dig it even more.
- Here's the tie breaker... but not really. I wouldn't classify this next one as a dude film or a chick flick. Just a good movie. "Stand By Me." Great. Just a great great great movie. I had the biggest crush on River Pheonix before I found out he died of a drug overdose.... And who knew that Jerry O'Connell would turn out hot? Huh. Anyway, the movie is one that I believe everyone should have under their "I've watched that!" belt (<-- not a real belt. That would get heavy. And a tad bit precocious.)
Easy peasy. Actors (and ladies, while my list of favorite "hot actors" is longer than Santa's naughty list, this one is composed of actors I love -wait for it- based. on. their acting skills. Crazy, I know, just roll with it) Denzel Washington. While he may play the same roll pretty often, he plays the hell out of it. And when he doesn't play his usual angry, vengeful black guy roll, he rocks the other roll too. Man on Fire? Absolutely fantastic. Fallen? I could literally watch that movie every day (told ya that list ^ was longer). He is intense, and it drags you into the movie with him. I love it. Other actors include, but are not limited to: Brad Pitt (Meet Joe Black, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, SEVEN... "WHAT'S IN THE BOX???"), Jim Carrey (See - anything he's ever been in ever. Bumblebee tuna.) , and Tom Hanks (Only he could pull off a movie where he befriends a volleyball "WILSOOOON!!!" And Forrest Gump? There are no words. Except for this: Lt. DAAAN! ICE CREAM!")
Actresses... hm.. well uh.. hm. Oh! Got one. Funnily enough, I absolutely adore Julie Andrews. Maybe it's because one of my favorite movies (yes, of all time) is "Mary Poppins" I could listen to her sing all day. Jennifer Anniston. She's super underrated, or at least she used to be. I'm glad to see her getting better roles these days. And she's a freakin FOX! Just gorgeous. Anne Hathaway - great great great. The up-and-coming Jennifer Lawrence - she played Katniss so much better than I could have imagined... Maybe that's because I'm used to characters being portrayed by the worst possible person *cough* Kristen Stuart *cough, hack, gag*
Name your favorite: Westerns, Classics, and Romance movies
I'll leave it to 2 or 3 a piece. Here goes
- Lonesome Dove: If you've never watched it, go to amazon.com, buy it, sit aside an entire afternoon (this puppy is long -- that's what he said) and watch it. Robert Duvall, Tommy Lee Jones, Danny Glover... You just can't go wrong with them.
- Tombstone: I don't think I need to say much about this. If you've never watched it... just... just don't talk to me. Sam Elliot, Val Kilmer, Kurt Russell, and that guy from Twister...what's his name? Ah, Bill Paxton. Thanks Bing. All I have to say is, if ever asked, "Does anyone wanna watch Tombstone?" I reply "I'll be your Huckleberry."
- Wild Wild West... hahahahahahahahaha *gasps for air* hahahahahahahaha that was a good joke. Seriously, Will Smith, what were you thinking?
- As I've already mentioned, Casablanca. So nice, I listed it twice. Next!
- 12 Angry Men. They're men. They're angry. And there's 12 of them. Oh and it features Henry Fonda. Must watch!
- Holiday Inn. Up until last Christmas, I'd never seen this movie, but it is absolutely wonderful. Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire? Pshh, reader please.
- Oh! You guessed it! Casablanca is a triple threat.
- PS I love you. I'm not kidding. I love it. Hillary Swank, Gerard Butler, Lisa Kudrow, Jeffery Dean Morgan, Harry Connick Jr... What more do you want? A major tear jerker.
- Speaking of tear jerkers - I'm sure you saw this coming... The Notebook. Yea yea yea, I know it doesn't follow the actual book. What movie does (See my disgust when I read the Shining and then watched the Jack Nicholson version... umm Wendy is supposed to be hot. Not Oliveoil. Halloran isn't supposed to die. And who are these little girls in the hallway? Get out of the hallway little girls...) ANYWAY, I love this movie. Ryan Gosling is c.u.t.e. and Rachel McAdams puts on a great performance, as usual.
What are your favorite songs?
Ha! Yea right. Like I have a favorite song. I will answer this by going into my phone, putting the player on shuffle, and jotting down the first 10 songs that come up. That should showcase my eclectic music taste, and we can move on to the next question, because picking a favorite song is impossible for me.
- Nancy (with the laughing face) by Frank Sinatra
- Happy Endings by The All-American Rejects
- Make You Feel My Love by Adele
- Zephyr Song by Red Hot Chili Peppers
- I'm Alright by Jo Dee Messina
- I'm Not Afraid by Eminem
- A Beautiful Mess by Jason Mraz
- Liar, Liar by A Fine Frenzy
- Thriller by Michael Jackson
- Lloyd, I'm Ready to be Heartbroken by Camera Obscura (Jaime, if you haven't heard this song, you need to. It's a great morning starter!)
Who are your favorite artists/bands?
While this one is a little easier to narrow down, it still doesn't do my taste in music justice. Here are a few that I could listen to every single day though:
- Brand New
- The Civil Wars
- Lady Antebellum
- Miranda Lambert
- Boyz II Men (<-I'm not joking. So you better not laugh)
- Michael Jackson
- Frank Sinatra
- Jason Mraz
- Sara Bareilles
Category 3: Books
What are your favorite books?
This one is easy. I love to read, but I'm not a "read it multiple times" kinda person. So when I do read something more than once, it's kind of a big deal. Here are the books I've read more than once:
- The Shining by Stephen King
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins (I haven't re-read them, but I intend to asap so I included them here)
- Alice in Wonderland & Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll
...that's a short list... Well I'm eclectic in my reading taste too. So.. yea. From The Shining to Twilight to To Kill a Mockingbird kind of eclectic.
What are the books you've meant to read but haven't?
That's a good one. The Harry Potter series. I want to read that at some point. And then something outrageous just so I can say I've read it... like... War and Peace... or something. Oh and I'd also like a little Jane Austen in my life. Have a book you think I should read? Leave a comment below! I'll read it as soon as I can, and then let you know what I thought :)
Alright, in order to get this in under the wire, I must post this RIGHT NOW. That way I can actually start posting once a day... at least... Who knows, y'all might get lucky, and see me post multiple times a day. Depends on how much I wanna listen to myself...type? Whatev.
Until next time, readers. Peace, Love, and Tacos. mmm Tacos...