Wednesday, December 12, 2012

You think you know, but you have no idea... True Life: I'm Awesome

So this is me... You ready?
     So, I was up at midnight, and had this absolutely annoying pull to write something. I pulled a piece of paper from my notepad and started scribbling some nonsense about things I needed to get done (I say nonsense, because these things won't get done. For example: Bathe the dog, Iron Jonothan's shirts, Vacuum... yea, right.) Then, when that didn't satisfy the itch, I started doodling. Sam loves Jonothan. Samantha Ann. Jonothan Lee. Jonboy. Samantha. Sam. S.A.J. Samantha Samantha SAMANTHA... You may call me conceited. I say I have an awesome name, and you can suck noogies (what are noogies?) Alas, my schoolgirl doodles circa 1999 (I <3 Backstreet Boys. Mrs Brian Littrell -- Nick Carter can suck it) were no match for the burning need to actually write... to type... oh, heavens no... TO BLOG. So here we are. Blogging, again.

     I figure I'll try to come up with something to write about -wait for it- EVERY. DAY. I know, you're overjoyed beyond belief. "What's this I hear? Samantha is going to post something EVER. SINGLE. DAY for my reading pleasure?? I do declare, I might just faint from sheer excitement!" (Ps - If when I said "I do declare" you finished it with "Mr. Beauregard", you're already winning today). I know what you're thinking, "But Sam, what will you write about every day? Surely you don't have THAT much hot air?!"Honestly, I have no idea. I just know that at this moment, I am dedicated to posting every day. And not just a little baby post "Warm today. Warm yesterday. Even warmer today" (Yes, ladies and gentleman, that is a Family Guy reference), but actual, meaningful (er, kinda) posts. Posts about well... Me and ... food. And books. And movies. And my favorite desert. My top ten pet peeves. Occasionally, I might ask for topics for the next day. Say, a question and answer session where I tell you to leave questions in the comment area, and I answer them in the next post (Not that I'll ever have enough readers to do that.. but a girl can dream). With that being said, I am now holding myself accountable. Whether you read it or not. Ready? Go.

     I figure I'll leave you with 25 things you might or might not know about me to really get a kick start on this whole thing. Here we Goooo (<-- N64 Mario voice... Don't scough at me. You know you did it, too.)
     1. I was born in Houston, Tx on Novemeber 2, 1987... The same night, the Cowboys beat the Giants 33 to 24. I am not taking full credit, but I do believe my birth had something to do with it.
 
     2. I have been dating Jonothan for over a year (go ahead, make fun of us. You have to be together a year before you can be together for 50. Learn to count, naysayers)
   
     3. I was named after my Papa (that's PAW-paw) Samuel (only I got the girl version... obviously), my Mema, Anna, and my Nana, Carol Ann.
   
     4. I have 6 sisters and 1 brother. Mandy, Samantha, Montanna, Marissa, Savannah, Keirston, and TJ. They are all incredible, and I love them more than anything.

      5. My favorite color is green. It used to be red, and before that blue. I was looking at a Dr. Suess book I filled out (The About Me book. If you didn't have one, your childhood wasn't as neato as mine was) and I apparently loved the color red-orange. I don't know what I was thinking. (Sorry, Tabifeener. I'm not a fan of orange)

     6. I have a Best Good Friend, Emilea, and a Twinkie, Sam. Both of whom are too far away. (Did I use "whom" correctly? Oh, whom cares.)

     7. I love to sing. Not infront of anyone... But, alone? In my car? In the shower? Yes. Yes. And Yes.  If you've been privileged enough to hear me sing, you're welcome. Now, message me with your addresses so I can wipe your memories clean.

     8. Up until this year, I had never dyed my hair (not permanently, anyway). When I did, I dyed it Auburn. Medium Intense Auburn by Garnier to be specific. How did it look? Awesome. Actually, I really need to dye it again.

     9. I broke my pinky toe on my left foot earlier this year. Funny thing is, it's now straighter than the one that isn't broken... hmm.

     10. It's a lot harder to think of random facts about myself than I previously thought...

     11. ^ That wasn't a random fact.

     12. Neither was that ^
   
     13. I am a perfectionist about random things. At random times too. My papers always have to be straight if I have a pile that I'm writing on. On the other hand, I only occasionally get picky about the placement of food on my plate. When I am feeling froggy, they must not be touching, and I'll only eat one food at a time, usually starting with the side items and moving to the entree.

     14. I have been using a Mac for about 5 years now. When I recently had to get a pc for work, I felt like I was cheating on my Mac... no joke.

     15. I love dogs. I can't stand cats. Honestly, I'm not sure if my disdain for cats comes from my being allergic to them, or if it stems from the fact that one put my mom in the hospital when I was a kid. Seriously, sliced her hand open and hit a major vein. I wanted to rip it's head off.... I'm gonna go with the latter....

     16. Speaking of dogs, Jonothan and I have a dog, Juno, that sits like a human. A human with terrible posture, but a human none-the-less. Check it out:

     17. I have really weak wrists due to fracturing both of them. I fractured the left one at a summer camp one year. I fractured the right one once in seventh grade when I was carrying my friend Kelli on my back, and I tripped and fell and thought catching myself on one hand was a super good idea (remember Kellbell?). I fractured it again a couple years ago by tripping off of the couch I was standing on (no more monkeys jumping on the bed!), while my Twink sat by and laughed... -_- Thanks, Sam.

     18. I sleep with my wrists curled up underneath my chin, which makes them even worse (Yea, yea, yea I know. Get a brace to sleep in.) My mom slept like that a lot when she was pregnant with me, and when she's stressed she sleeps like that too. I am lucky enough to destroy my wrists on a nightly basis.

     19. My first car was a black '94 Chevy Camaro that I got in 2004. Only ten years old. Not too shabby. By far my favorite car that I've had. My least favorite? The '91 Chevy Beretta that I was given in 2010. I should say my most hated, not my least favorite. To say "least favorite" entails that I liked it at least a little. Not the case here, folks.

     20. I hate the cold. Growing up in Houston, I never really needed a winter coat. I get here and OH MY GOD it's so freaking cold. I hate it. Don't give me that "Well you can always put more clothes on in the winter. You can't go around naked in the summer" Blah blah blah. I'll take Houston summers over Tennessee winters any day. --with the exception of snow. Houstonians, don't know what snow is? Look it up. Fascinating, I know. Oh and while you're at it, check out Tornado Sirens. I thought we were being bombed the first time I heard one of those...

     21. While I can't stand the cold, I can't sleep in a warm room. Not even in a cool room. It has to be cold. Being under a pile of blankets needs to be a necessity. Catch my drift?

     22. Jonothan and I are only 15 days shy of having the same birthday. I'm older. Which makes me wiser. HA! Suck on that, Weaver.

     23. I don't really know how to cook. I mean, I can follow directions, but really knowing what I'm doing? Yea, that's a no-go. I'd love to learn though. Especially when I watch Julie and Julia. Like I could ever bone a duck.... HA!

     24. I'm a night owl. Case and point: It's 5:15 in the morning, and I've yet to go to sleep... Obviously... If I had, that means I would've been writing this in my sleep... A skill that could've come in handy while I was in school.

     25. Oh boy. Get ready, cause this last one is gonna be LEGEN--wait for it... I hope you're not lactose intolerant, because the second part of that word is-- DARY. LEGENDARY. Suit up, cause here it comes: My favorite current tv shows are How I Met Your Mother (who woulda guessed, right??), Once Upon a Time, Grey's Anatomy, and The Walking Dead. Past shows? Sex and the City, Scrubs, and Friends.
Too much build-up for that last one? Oh, well. Channeling a little Barney Stinson is never a waste.

Welp, there you have it folks. The first post. DONE. Have something you want me to write about next? Comment below! Don't have a google+ or a blogger account? Either post anonymously (wah wah waaaah), or choose the option to leave your name  (It says Name/URL. Just type your name.) This wraps up your first episode of "I love reading what Sam has to say, because she's SO totally awesome"
This is Sam signing off. You stay classy...world.

13 comments:

  1. Hey! Love your post, love your sarcastic writting! And hey we have lots of things in common! I also love dogs and can't stand cats, need to sleep under a pile of blankets, totally hate cold. Luckily I used to be a Nick Carter fan so we won't have to fight over him! Ha!
    I am also a new blogger, just started last month. Feel free to stop by.
    Greeting from Greece
    Olympia
    http://journeytoatmanashtangayoga.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm also glad we won't be fighting over the Backstreet Boys ;) I'm pretty scrappy! And Greece, huh? Awesome! I'll definitely stop by your blot for a read! Thanks again!

      Delete
  2. I read every word. I laughed out loud multiple times and I smiled the entire time (when I wasn't laughing). More...more...more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked it Uncle Lloyd!! I told ya I'm pretty awesome ;)

      Delete
  3. what people don't know is you are better as an actor,than a writer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I keep that talent on reserve to entertain family. I wouldn't wanna get famous and get a big(ger) head. We've already got enough ego in our family between Uncle Tuck and I ;)

      Delete
  4. Hi, I have to say that I like your style of writing and I will be looking forward to reading more blogs from you. You have a nice intro, and we get a glimpse of you, and from what we see, we know there is more of you to come.

    P.S. I'm a male BSB fan (don't judge me lol). I know that Brian Litrell is doing Christian music, and his christian album was actually pretty good.

    Check me out!

    http://joelrionspointofview.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much! I'm glad that you enjoyed it! I really enjoy writing, so this takes care of that itch. It's nice to know that I have people to write for!

      And no judgements being passed here! BSB rocks! When they came out with that Old Navy commercial with them in it, I screamed like a 12 year old girl. Luckily, no one was around to see it.

      I'll definitely check out your blog! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Omg, i love your Blog. Wow.

    I am just a beginner, give me some tips?! :)
    Ofcourse being witty cannot be taught or the sense of humour, oh well.
    Oh, just hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh! Thank you! That really means a lot!

      And, I would just suggest to be yourself! It's a blog, not the declaration of independence (although, I think that would be easier to read if they had thrown a few knock knock jokes in there.... ;) ) So be ... funny. Or serious. Or heartfelt, or sarcastic (that's my schtick obviously haha). Ya know, be you. And if you can't think of anything to write about, just make a "you" list! It's a lot less conceited than you think ;) It turns out, people like learning about other people! You got this! Do you have any posts up yet?

      Delete
    2. Oh, i write now and then. Random things that come in my head. haha, and there are tons.
      And and and people like learning about interesting people, be flattered :D :D
      I like blogging so far. Although I still think I am not quite familiar with this whole blogging thing. More complicated than it looks, especially since this thing asks you to make a Google+ account and everything, I don't know that website yet. OH!

      Delete
    3. Hahaha I'm not super familiar with Google+ either, so you're not alone there! I started reading your's and I love it! You've got a lot to say, which is awesome :)

      Delete

Have something to say? Say it to my face.. er.. or.. something. Yea.
**Don't have any of the accounts listed? Choose the "Name/URL" option. Just put your name. Easy-peasy. Or choose Anonymous... if you're a scaredy-puss.