Sunday, February 24, 2013

Non-Scale Victories! Can you dig it??

button      So I happened upon miss Katie's blog through Mama Laughlin's blog. I was reading about her story and journey through weight loss and weighing in, when I came across her post about 'Non-Scale Victories.' I liked the idea so much, I thought I'd report my own... What's this? Two posts in a single weekend? Whoa, WATCHOUT! I'm comin' atcha! Here are my non-scale victories for the past week. 


  1. I got out of the house and tried out the gym near my house with a woman from work... even though I felt like death on a cracker. 
  2. I started drinking more water, and haven't had a soda since Monday. (Boom.)
  3. I was recommended to put lemon juice in my water to stay healthy and avoid sickness.. and now I crave lemon water over other beverages.
  4. I got out and went for my first run on Friday - once again, even though I felt like ass. 
  5. On said run, I managed a mile... while I was sick. Did I mention I was sick?
  6. Today, The Stud and I ate at Genghis Grill and I chose some pretty healthy ingredients, and had a lemon water to drink. 
  7. I stretched tonight and worked out my arms. 
  8. I haven't even looked at the scale. 
  9. I spent about 20 minutes imagining myself the weight that I'd like to be (Your mentality is half the battle folks! Will your goals into being!)
  10. I already feel better about myself. 
So there ya go. That's 10 reasons to be proud of myself. 10 things the scale knows nothing about. 10 things that are definite differences that I've made in my life. Now that's something to smile about folks. Not every milestone or achievement has to be huge. You don't have to only take pride in the fact that you dropped that initial 10 pounds, or that you finally dropped a pants size. There is pride in the little victories, so give yourself a pat on the back!!


     I encourage you to swing by her blog, and record your own non-scale victories. Like she said, the scale doesn't know your story, your struggles, or your sacrifices. So don't let the scale dictate your success.

Night, y'all :)

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up! I hope you join us next Thursday! Congrats on your great NSVs! It is hard to get to the gym when you don't feel like it, but it is totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is!
      And thank YOU for the inspiration! I can't wait to see how we both transform :)
      I'll definitely be linking up again!

      Delete
  2. Proud of you,keep it up.You do not need scales to tell you how your body feels,if you are working out you will feel better and you will lose weight.I love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mema!!
      It definitely feels better than slumming around :)
      I love you more!

      Delete
  3. Way to go samanth!

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? Say it to my face.. er.. or.. something. Yea.
**Don't have any of the accounts listed? Choose the "Name/URL" option. Just put your name. Easy-peasy. Or choose Anonymous... if you're a scaredy-puss.