Thursday, July 18, 2013

Back to Blogging! Why not start with a Linkup?

button
So I'm wanting to write again. Do I know what I'll write about? Does a bear eat potato salad every other Sunday with a platypus? Yea. Probably not. But that's okay! So I'll just catch you up on what is going on with this chick... right after I linkup!


If I had one extra hour in the day... I would love to say I would do something productive. Read, knit, save the planet.... But I would probably end up sleeping.


I wish my name was... Princess Fionna Banana Hammock. Or Captain Betty Spandex. I'll take either one.


I think anything chevron is... probably going to be found on Pinterest. Home of the workouts I'll never do, the meals I'll never cook, and the projects I'll start and never finish.

My last nightmare... I was clearing out someone's house who was moving. And they had a TON of baby rabbits. And I was absolutely terrified that I was gonna leave one behind and it was going to die and rot. So I was running through this house, picking up baby rabbits, and fighting off a dog that was trying to eat the one with no bones [???]

Sometimes... I want to hide in the closet and eat an entire jar of Nutella... with my fingers...

My last meal on earth would be... Steak, beer....and Nutella....

I would much rather... get high-fived in the face with a chair than sweep and mop the living room floor.

Mayonnaise... is my secret lover. My dirty little mistress. My guilty pleasure. I may hate myself in the morning, but I'm gonna love me a ham, turkey, double cheese and mayo sandwich tonight.

10 years ago, I didn't think... I would ever go blonde, I would ever leave Texas, or that I would ever love coleslaw, tartar sauce, or a bearded hunk o' burnin' love.

Selfishly... I am not making dinner tonight, like a good homemaker. I will, instead, munch on dry Lucky Charms...and Nutella [with a spoon... let's not get craycray]

My favorite show on TV right now... Anything that makes me laugh until I nearly pee myself. Currently, The Big Bang Theory, Friends reruns, and my I Love Lucy dvds.

And, George Zimmerman... he look... a-lika-man. And that's as deep into that as I'm going. [That's what he said!]


So, onto me, because I know that's what all of you are waiting for.

I'm nannying again. I really enjoyed working with the last place I was at, but there were a few things that weren't working out (my pay rate being one of them...), and -let's face it- Jaime couldn't live without me...So I came back to keep Ruby and Willa until they start school. At that point, I'll start working... somewhere. I've put in apps at a few places where I know I can make some good money. I may not enjoy it, but at least I'll be making (more than) enough to get by.

The Stud and I bought a house in May, so that's exciting! It was the longest, most stressful, drawn-out process of all time. We did everything on time, on our part. Turned in every scrap of paperwork they would need. After we turned everything in, they needed nothing else from us, so that was great. But then, knowing we had a deadline, held onto our paperwork, and didn't start the approval process for two weeks. Then USDA was running behind, and it took them over two weeks to process our loan and approve it. We had to be out of our apartment by the end of May 31st. They called us at 1 THAT DAY and told us to come in to close. It was CLOSE to say the least. Then we had to bust ass to get all of our things out. Luckily, our landlady graciously gave us an extension through the weekend without charging us rent. So that was neato. Now we're all moved in and settled. I have [sorta] decorated and unpacked most of the house [everything except the guest rooms... because we have no guests]. I'm waiting to put anything up on the walls because we plan on painting....at some point... It took for freaking ever to get cable and internet [first world problems...] because our house wasn't prewired for cable. So I ranted and raved and raised hell until someone came out to check it out, just to find out all that needed to be done was have the cable run from the house to the pole. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

I've let my legs rest for about four months now. It's been really frustrating and I've felt like crap, but I knew I had to let them rest or I was going to permanently damage them. Now I can run after the girls and not be in pain, and I can play with my dog without needing an ice pack on my legs afterward. I've resolved that, instead of doing a C25K, I need to work up to just running a mile. So I found a 4 weeks to 1 Mile program [here], that I intend on starting soon. Before that, I want to start doing yoga on the reg. Not just to loosen up and stretch out my muscles, but for my emotions and junk too (eloquently stated, right?). Have some great yoga for running suggestions? Comment below! I'm really interested in Kundalini yoga, so if there are any great books, dvds, websites I should look into that you know of, let me know that too!
I guess that's about it for today. I'll probably write again when I write again. [Here's a guy that, when he wears contacts, can see better {Madden reference for you sports lovers}].

Until next time, readers...

Peace, Love, and Nutella.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Say it to my face.. er.. or.. something. Yea.
**Don't have any of the accounts listed? Choose the "Name/URL" option. Just put your name. Easy-peasy. Or choose Anonymous... if you're a scaredy-puss.