Thursday, January 2, 2014

New Year, New Me? Psh, I'm Awesome. Try Sam 2.0. Beta-Tested and Approved

With the new year fast approaching, I sat down and chose five things I would like to accomplish in the coming year. Feel free to follow along, and watch as I attempt to make good on my resolutions. C'mon. It'll be fun (that's what she said!)


Before I get to it, you must know, I've written this post three times. All three times, I have failed to copy what I've written, and all three times it fails to post and gets deleted. So, this is not the best blog post in the world. It's just a tribute (There ya go, Tenacious D fans. You're welcome)

Alright, in an effort to maintain my sanity, and go to sleep before the sun rises, I'm going to keep this short and sweet. Here are the five things I would like to accomplish this year. 

  1. Lose 50 pounds. 
    • Here's something that I'm not thrilled to say out loud (...type outloud?) : I weigh almost 200 lbs. I'm 5'6" and I weigh (as of this morning) 186 pounds. Yikes. "Oh, really? You really can't tell. You look great!" Yea yea yea. Whatever. Clothes can be deceiving. Now, I'm not saying I just hate the way I look. I don't. But there is room for improvement, and most of all I want to feel better. The Stud said he would lose weight with me, so we decided we would have a monthly contest of sorts. I haven't worked out the details, because -ya know- men and women lose weight in different ways and what not, so we have to make sure it's fair, but it should be fun. I'm already drinking a lot of water everyday, so at least there's that. I've gotten some new running apps, and have forced myself to take things slow so that I don't injure myself again. I've got a wedding to attend in October that I'll be the maid of honor in... So I need to rock my bridesmaid dress. 
  2. Write/Create... A lot. 
    • I'm a pretty clever chick. I mean, not to toot my own horn, but... toot-toot. I love writing, and having my voice .. er.. thoughts .. heard. So, I'm going to write. Something. When talking about it with my dear Stud, I was thinking small. "I'll just become dedicated to the blog. Maybe try to really get it out there. I could write about... something..." "Or you could write a book." His unfailing faith in me is one of the reasons I love him so... That and his beardy man beard. So, who knows... All I know is I'm going to work toward posting here once a week all about keeping up the resolutions I've made. Two birds, one stone? You betcha. 
  3. Save up $1,000 before Christmas
    • Ah, the old stand-by. Saving money. This past Christmas season, I struggled between getting gifts, and paying bills. Let's not even mention groceries. I would love to not have to choose between the two this year. I love giving gifts. But I also love (hate) paying my bills and raising my damn credit score. Here's to not having to compromise either one. 
  4. Become certified in another trade
    • I've been batting around the idea of becoming either 1) A yoga instructor or 2) A licensed massage therapist. Working where I do puts the massage bug in my brain, for sure, but it's something that I've always been interested in. Then, I discovered Kundalini Yoga and fell in love with it. I could instantly see myself in the instructor's position. I loved how I felt afterward, and only wanted to pass that feeling onto others. So maybe it's not an either/or situation. Maybe I'll do both... hmmm.. 
  5. Make a second income from home (er.. sort of)
    • I love to knit. And I know people that would pay to buy things I'm capable of making. But I never follow through, and it ends up falling by the wayside. I am also a DoTerra essential oil geek, and am constantly getting others interested in using them.... but have never jumped into the business side of things. Between not being able to afford to make an order each month, and not having the confidence to start, it's kind of been pushed to the back of my mind. So, hopefully I'll be able to figure out a way to market one or the other. Or both. 
There you have it. Are five resolutions too many? Maybe. But it's great to have goals, right? Right. Well, it's half past 3 in the morning. I'm exhausted. I'm going to pee for the millionth time today (thanks to that nearly gallon of water I drank.... ) and hit the sack. Bring on the year, 2014. You're mine. 

9 comments:

  1. saw a thing on saving i am goin to try, wk one you put 1 buck in piggy bank, wk 2 2 buck, wk 3 3 bucks and so forth which by end of yr gives you over 1k saved :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the same thing but if you save it in that order it puts you saving 50 dollars a week around Christmas time. You could accomplish the same goal by saving 27 dollars a week or do the 52 week savings plan backwards. I tried it last year but I did not stick with it.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I'll have to maybe modify it closer to Christmas, but that's a really great idea!
      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
    3. Try starting with week 52 and working backwards. Thats what I am doing and I add extra when I can so I can get the last 4 weeks finished by the end of November. Good luck!

      Delete
    4. Good idea, Aunt Janis! Thanks for reading :) Love you!

      Delete
  2. Hi my beautiful granddaughter Hope you are able to do all the things you want in 2014.
    Those are great goals. You are a beautiful girl, but do not make your weight loss where you can not reach and then you get discouraged. I am now an 8 and I do not want to be any smaller. with your build you would look good at a
    8 or 10. You want to enjoy life and still be smaller. I love you very much.Mema.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mema! An 8 is what I'm going for :) I was my healthiest as an 8 when I was 140lbs, so I'd like to get back to that and be a little more toned. I love love love you!

      Delete
  3. Excellent goals! If you need help with the weight loss one, let me know. I'm a beachbody coach and I'm pushing myself for the same goal. I'm currently 156lbs and would like to get down to 130ish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I could always use tips and support :) Especially when it comes to running.
      Thanks for reading!

      Delete

Have something to say? Say it to my face.. er.. or.. something. Yea.
**Don't have any of the accounts listed? Choose the "Name/URL" option. Just put your name. Easy-peasy. Or choose Anonymous... if you're a scaredy-puss.