Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Big News, Little Post

Oh my damn, y'all! It's been a great day! Wanna know why?
Guess you'll have to keep reading :)

     So those that know me, know that I've jumped around a lot when it came to what I wanted to do. I went from Psychology, to sports medicine, back to Psych, to Special Education... Then, a couple years ago, I realized it all had to do with helping people, but nothing was hands on enough to keep my interest. I realized I wanted to do something where I would see a progressive change in someone. I wanted to be a catalyst to living a better life. I wanted to be a massage therapist. But massage therapy school is expensive, and at the time, it wasn't feasible. When I started at Massage Envy at the front desk, I told myself it would be a way to get my foot in the door. So I worked and worked and waited for an opportunity to arise. In the mean time, I also realized how much I love to write. SNHU opened up the opportunity to work and go to school online. I've been doing the online classes toward my degree for 4 months now, and I've loved every minute of it. That hasn't stopped me from wanting to become a massage therapist.
     Then it happened. My manager posted a sign up in the break room stating that our owners were offering a full scholarship for two people to go to massage therapy school in Nashville. The stipulations? Whoever wanted to enter to win had to write a one page essay stating why they wanted to be a therapist. Whaaat? Well, as you can probably guess... I WON! I can't believe it. I'm pretty sure, when my GM told me, I busted her ear drum. I sure hope she was holding her phone away from her ear. If I wasn't excited enough already, I have so much support from The Stud, my friends and family, and my co-workers that I can't help but be humbled. I know it's going to be a lot. I know I'm going to be busy. If I go full time, I'll be done in 6 months, but that'll be a LONG 6 months. Six months of going to Nashville for school M-F from 8-330, then going straight to work (still full time! Gas money, y'all!) from 5 to close, then getting up and doing it all over again. If that's not going to be tough enough, I won't see the Stud all week until the weekend with our conflicting schedules. So, yes, it's going to be really hard, but I'm going to rock. this. thing. Like a boss.
     Not only did I get that awesome news, but I worked out with a friend from work, and she kicked my ass. My arms are jello. BUT she has a workout plan for me to lose weight and tone up before my best good friend, Emilea's, wedding.... in a month and a half. So before and after's to come for that.
     Weeelp, that's about it. I have no focus tonight because I'm about to pass out. So yea. I hope you all enjoyed this little update. More updates to come... at some point... maybe...
OH! Sandy ( you know who you are... being that that's your name...) took to my idea of having people assign me writing projects, and she has chosen for me to write a story about a pug... because she loves pugs. SO, I'll be working on that too. I'm about to be a busy bee!
    Until next time, reader(s)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Babe, I am so proud of you, I am almost as happy as you are. I always knew you could do anything you set your mind to. I love reading your Blog. Let me know when you are going to start this school. Love you HEY WORLD THIS IS MY GRANDDAUGHTER.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? Say it to my face.. er.. or.. something. Yea.
**Don't have any of the accounts listed? Choose the "Name/URL" option. Just put your name. Easy-peasy. Or choose Anonymous... if you're a scaredy-puss.